Academic Writing
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share some of my recent thoughts about academic writing. Again at first I wasn't 100% sure on what I was expecting the meeting to be about or what I was going to take away from it. However I was again surprised at how engaging and practical both Ruth and Peter made the sessions. Personally I thought the component I would struggle most with during this course was the 'writing to a degree standard' so I already felt a little out my comfort zone before joining the sessions as like most Ive had a few years out of writing. I was soon put at ease and throughout the session started to gain more confidence and understanding of what was expected from our writing. In my second session there were two third module students which again I learnt so much from during such a short space of time. The ways in which they could break into a text and express their personal thoughts and even relate them back to their studies was educational to see. They made me look at a text in a completely different way, picking our areas I would normally fly past. Overall I defiantly feel more confident as I make a start on my Critical Reflection essay.
Comments
Post a Comment